Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

As you all know, today is my 32nd birthday. Many of you are asking, "what did you do for your birthday?" So, here's the exciting answer. On Saturday we had a party at the house. About 30 friends came for BBQ, beer, and wine. They drank less beer than the last party, so we have 1/2 of a pony keg of Sierra Nevada left over. Hurry up and get over here before it gets warm...

My friends brought really nice gifts, which was unexpected. I got a political thriller book, African salad spoons, an array of succulents, an orchid, a funky handmade bowl, and a set of candles/plate/chimes. Scott & Kim mailed me amazing soap from Paris, and my mom sent me a gift card from Ann Taylor Loft (score!). A pretty good haul!

Tonight Jim & I drove down to Smokin' Jack's BBQ in Carpinteria, but it was closed. So, we kept on driving down to Malibu for Jamaican Jerk Salmon. YUM!

Last Friday we volunteered at Al Franken's fundraiser for SB Legal Aid. We got to meet him and get our photo taken. I'll post that as soon as I get it. I just kept repeating to Jim, "Al Franken hugged me!" all night. More on Al when we get the pictures.

No comments: