Friday, December 01, 2006

Ohio or Bust!

Well, we are finally doing it... Jim & I are moving back to Columbus. It's been wonderful in Santa Barbara, but we feel it's time to give the ice and cold a shot. Seriously, we both have a ton of family and friends there, plus the housing and job markets are 10 times better than here.
We plan to leave around December 17th. We know it's really fast, but we'd like wrap things up here before Christmas. Plus, the moms are able to come out to help us drive 2400 miles east with the cats.
We don't know where we will live yet, but there are so many inexpensive options that it seems really easy to figure out compared to SB. I'm taking a job as Development Director at the Ohio Environmental Council, based in Columbus. I'm really excited about the position and look forward to starting at the beginning of January.
I'll be vacationing in exotic Santa Barbara at the end of January for the SB Film Festival. I've been volunteering and get a free platinum pass. For those not local to SB, it's a $1500 value which gets you in to all of the films, panel discussions, and most importantly - the parties. Al Gore, Forrest Whitaker, and Will Smith will be in attendance, so it should be a good time. If you are local and plan to attend any film fest events, then let me know!
We're having a going away party next Saturay 12/10 from 2-6 at our house. It's also Jim's 33rd birthday. Please come wish us well as we go to the hinterlands. We're at 609 W. Carrillo St.
We'll be taking almost everything we own with us, but will have a few things to give away, including our plants. On the flip side, we've compiled a wish list of stuff to help us on our move. Feel free to bring any of this stuff over! Some of it could be borrowed and returned.
Boxes of all shapes and sizes
Music & books on CD to listen to on our 40 hour drive. Please burn stuff for us!
MP3 player (& speakers?)
CD player power adapter. may need a tape player to CD player adapter too.
Large crate or 2 cat carriers to hold cats in car
gas cards
2 Walkie talkies
digital camera (looking to buy an inexpensive and small camera)
CONTACT INFO IN COLUMBUS
I'm changing my email address to jodisegal at gmail.com. Jim's email is jalama at gmail.com. We will change our cell #s, but let you know. Currently I am 805-895-8165. Jim is 617-417-2541. If you need to mail me anything, use my parents address: 10161 S. Crosset, Pickerington, OH 43147

No comments: