Tuesday, January 23, 2007

House hunting sucks

Well, we lost the bid on house #1. I'm still angry and bitter. 2 other bids came in within an hour of ours. I wish the seller would have bid us against each other, then we might have won. Big bummer.

House #2 is out too. It was pretty cool, but not nearly as great as house #1. The seller wouldn't negotiate and kept moving the sale price around in circles - exclude the stove, but include closing costs, then he gave us the stove but not closing costs. Effectively, he raised his selling price. Screw em, we'll keep looking.

House #3 is a maybe. It doesn't have a lot of frills, but what it does have is ENORMOUS rooms with lots of beautiful wood. It's the perfect starting point. The problem is that it has enormous rooms - 3300 square feet in all. We are finding out the heating costs and then will consider if we want to bid. I think this place is going to be worth a lot when the neighborhood improves.

Onward and upward.

Next week I'll be in SB for the film fest. I also get to recover my dining room chair from my former roommate who "borrowed" it while we were packing up our house. With 4 people packing, no one noticed that we only had 3 chairs. It tooks weeks to convince him that he should relinquish control of the chair (what?!?!) and we were never able to get him to send it to us. Apparently it's our fault that we didn't look in his room for the chair. Go figure. So now I have to get it from the neighbor, pack it up, and bring it back on the plane.

No comments: