Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Life after home repair

It has been a while since either of us have actually written anything here. So here goes.

I have stopped working on the house full time and have started to figure out what it is I am going to do to bring in my portion of our income. On that front I officially started a company yesterday at the old Ohio Secretary of State. As soon as I get the certificate in the mail my company Rooty Hollow LLC will be official. Effectively, this means I can open a bank account and that if I get sued no one can go after our personal assets. I have to say it was super easy to do, fill out a 2 page form and pay $125 and I was off.

I'm going to focus on web design for the time being, it has started off well already. Though I still harbor dreams of buying investment property in the future.

As for the yard we ventured out in to the jungle that is our back yard and pulled up hundreds of small trees and weeds over the last week. Now we are trying to decide what to do next: a garden, a flower garden, a deck, a patio, a fire pit, etc...

We'll keep you posted

No comments: