Below is the letter my sister read at a small memorial for Jack, her son. It's written from the voice of Ava, her daughter, who survived Jack.
My sister's intro: Ava and I talk about Jack every day. She asked me if I would read this letter from her at Jack’s service.
Dear Friends and Family,
Please join me in saying goodbye to my first and best friend, Jack Taylor Walton, who was born into heaven on August 2, 2007 at 7:33pm. Shortly before our birthday, Jack received a personal invitation from God to join her in heaven so that he could help watch over and guide our lives on Earth. Perhaps I shouldn’t admit this, but I know this to be true because I was ease dropping from the room next door.
Jack’s job in Heaven is perhaps the most prestigious and honorable job one could ever hold. It requires unimaginable sacrifice, exceptional maturity and profound insight.
Jack was not alone when he left Earth. I was by his side to hug him goodbye and see him off. Jack was not alone when he arrived in heaven. With open arms and much anticipation, he was welcomed by: his Great Grandparents, his Great Aunts and Uncles, and his cousins Dillon and Cole each of whom is well-prepared with a complete supply of diapers, onesies, burp clothes, receiving blankets, exersaucers, swings, bouncy chairs, etc. In fact, Jack’s “Sip n’ See” also takes place today at 1:00pm, in Heaven, hosted by the loving family members who greeted him upon his arrival.
In Heaven, Jack will be swaddled, soothed and swayed. He will be cuddled and cooed. He will learn, laugh and love. He will be loved.
Although I will not ask you to ignore deep sadness for Jack’s early departure, I will ask you to join me in feeling extraordinary pride; pride that one so young and innocent, in harmony with God, will guide and influence our daily decisions, quietly comfort us during difficult times, and magnify our happiness during joyous times.
I will miss him in life, but I am comforted by the knowledge that Jack is not gone. He is simply waiting in heaven. And, when the time is right, I will have eternity to play with Jack, and our parents will have eternity to hug him, hold him and kiss him good night.
With much love,
Ava Rose Walton
No comments:
Post a Comment