First, here's a description of what's happening with the little one right now.
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position.)Pregnancy has definitely been challenging, even though everything has been textbook so far. I had nausea from weeks 6-10 and have been very tired the whole time. At least I'm not sleeping 12 hours a day like I was a few weeks ago! Now I'm at about 9.5 hours at night, plus the occassional nap. My blood sugar has been very difficult to control, which causes a variety of different symptoms like anxiety and dizzyness. However, compared to what others go through, this has been a walk in the park.
My belly has grown enough that I'm now fully wearing maternity clothes, althoug they make me look larger than I am. They are almost all hand-me-downs, so most of them don't fit perfectly, also causing me to look a bit bigger. I see no reason to buy stuff I'll only use for a few months, so I'm happy to have all of the donations.
1 comment:
Congrats Jodi & Jim! May God bless you on this fantastic (and sometimes chaotic) road of parenting :)
PS - I have a LOT of maternity clothes I am not using anytime soon if you need anymore, and if you find out what you're having - let me know - I have TONS of girl & boy clothes needing a new home!
Love,
Michael, Kelley, Samantha & Dominic Midagliotti
Post a Comment