Monday, December 15, 2008

The name game

Since holiday and baby season are upon us, I thought I'd take a moment to answer the various name questions that have come up recently.

My name is still Jodi Segal. I did not change it when we got married. Jim is also still Jim Taylor. If you want to address a formal letter, I recommend Mr. Jim Taylor and Ms. Jodi Segal.

The baby will take Jim's last name. Segal will be her middle name. So, her full name will be Violet Segal Taylor. It's not likely, but still possible, that she is actually a he. In that case, we'll have to come up with something beside Violet pretty quickly!

5 comments:

Jayme Steinbach said...

why are you thinking that the baby could now be a boy? did the doctor say something?

Jodi said...

We have no reason to think the ultrasound tech was wrong, except that sometimes it happens!

Jayme Steinbach said...

Okay, true enough. Technology has gotten better about that, so you should be safe with girl things. We sent your package to your moms. There is a card in there for your baby shower. But nothing was wrapped. So no big deal if you open it now or at your shower. Since I already told you what I was sending.

Jim said...

um it's Jim not James

Anonymous said...

how about Violent if it's a boy. wait, that's not funny.