Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back to work!

I went back to work 2 1/2 weeks ago, which means I'm 2 weeks behind on everything - email, work, sending the baby announcements, thank you notes... It's been very overwhelming to have to be totally present for so long each day. Not to mention how early I have to get up. 6:30am is not my optimal wake-up time, 8:30 is.

With that said, I'm thrilled to be back at work. We are far behind on fundraising, mostly because I was gone, so I have a ton to do. The economy is still slow, so fundraising is going to be tougher this year. That all adds up to more work in less time in order to make our budget. If you ever wanted to give to an environmental advocacy group, now is the time! www.theOEC.org.

Violet is growing like a weed. She turned over for the first time last week. At 3 1/2 months Violet can roll both from back to front and front to back. Take your eyes off her for a moment and she's in a totally different position than when you last saw her. Sometimes when she gets on her belly she gets a little frustrated, which you'll see in the video below.

She's all smiles all of the time. One of the daycare staff said she's one of the happiest babies she's ever seen. We're starting to put away the newborn props (bouncy seat and swing) in favor of more interactive games like the play gym, pack & play, and stuffed toys. She's also starting to teethe. You can't see teeth yet, but she's constantly knawing, drools a bit, and is a bit stuffy.

She has adjusted well to daycare. I miss her all day long, but she is getting a lot of attention and a wide variety of experiences. Each week a guitarist plays and sings for the babies, she gets outside nearly every day, they have TONS of toys, and lots of staff.

Finally, I just got to drop $350 on a new pump. Apparently the one that I had isn't made to last very long. Since I got it from someone else (the manufacturer said this was OK), it had burned out. Now I'm hands free. The whole get-up is rediculous, I look like I should be in a 1950's ad. I'm more worried that a co-worker will walk in and see what I'm wearing than see me exposed. Such is life.


1 comment:

cheri said...

I can't believe how big she's getting. Sounds like you and Jim have everything under control, and very busy with you going back to work. She's adorable! I'm sure the Grandparents are in heaven.