Monday, February 19, 2007

Taking Advice

One thing about buying a home that I have learned a lot about is seeking advice. I learned as much form my own research as I did from those close to me. Not to say I could have gotten as far as I have without the one who are supporting me.

I have noticed that those closest to me have no ability to remove themselves from their feelings for me in their advice giving. I'm not sure if it is the fact that they have not seen me work or they are projecting but no one seems to have any faith that Jodi and I can take on a large project, such as our house.

Here's my advice you my readers. When someone asks your opinion give it to them, but stick to the topic at hand. Don't offer you big picture advice, that comes with all of your lifetime assumptions. Your assumptions, motivation and experiences are likely to be different than those of the one you are talking to.

No comments: