In the past 3 days I have received no less than 5 phone calls from people asking me if I regretted moving home. The reason being is the 5 inches of snow followed by 1/2 inch of solid ice that has decorated the lawns and vehicles of Columbus residents over that last 24 hours. It's not as bad as the local news makes it seem, you'd think Kennedy was shot again, and having grown up here the instincts kick in when it come to driving in this stuff.
That said after spending an hour cleaning the ice off of Jodi's car this morning, using a hammer, chisel, ice scraper and some sort of chemical de-icer, I did fondly remember what I was doing last winter about this time. Last winter I was surfing Rincon Point and other local breaks in Southern California. In fact, if I remember right I got a sun burn. It is sure a change of pace living here.
P.S. everything is still on pace for the house. Anyone know anything about building staircases? We need a new one in the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment