Tuesday, February 24, 2009

no baby update

You may have noticed that we don't have a baby. We noticed that, too. We're one week past the "due date." I now believe that doctors shouldn't give you an actual date. Full term is anything from 37 weeks to 42 weeks. First time births are typically 7-9 days past the due date. Then why in the world do you get a due date that is a full week before they actually expect the baby to arrive?

So, we wait. No, we don't have plans to induce any time soon. We will only do that if it becomes medically necessary. We haven't seen any signs that this is currently the case - her heartbeat is strong and I'm healthy and feeling well.

I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for 2 weeks and every day they are just a tiny bit different. (BH contractions are abdominal tightening that don't lead to labor, but typically increase as you approach labor) Signs point towards progressing to labor, but there's no way to predict when the big event will commence.

More news and pics as soon as we have any!

No comments: