Monday, April 20, 2009

6 week update

I guess 9 months of misery was enough and Violet is willing to be nice to us as an infant.  She slept for 7 hours straight on Saturday night and Sunday night.  My body hasn't yet adjusted to her ever-changing schedule, so I'm still getting up at about 3am to pump before she wakes a couple of hours later.  I'm still tired, but it's not that bad.

V now can smile, coo, and is starting to interact.  We had a conversation on Friday for a few minutes, which was a lot of fun.  We've also figured out the bath.  It turns out that she prefers warm water over kinda warm.

Violet weighs in at 11 pounds, which is 25% more than she weighed at birth.  I feel great, have only 13 pounds of baby weight left to lose (plus 5 more to get to my goal weight), and have all of my old energy back.

No comments: