Tuesday, April 07, 2009

updates

Last week, a sewage pipe collapsed on our property. So, we have no water in our house. Jim's still working from home, but we are spending a lot of time at his parents' house, which is just 2 miles away from us. There's a possibility that it will be fixed tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also last week Violet began smiling and sleeping longer at night. She's developing like a baby 2 weeks older than her, which makes sense since she was 2 weeks late. She's had a few shifts of 5 hours between feedings and typically has at least 4 hours once per day. Since our sleeping arrangements have changed, I've gotten determined to get V to sleep in a crib. It's been working, with help from infant anti-gas drops.

Finally, I've given up on the cloth diapers. I'm sad to do it, but using them means V is wet and a little red all of the time. Newborns pee 20 times a day and the cloth diapers don't keep the wetness away from her skin. When I change her, she's wet and therefore cold, so screaming session ensues.

It's a relief that I'm starting to get a little more sleep and that she's becoming more interactive. Parenting is starting to become a little more rewarding.

I've been taking pics and video and will post them when I have a little more time.

No comments: