Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hospital pick

Today I decided on a hospital for delivery. We had 2 choices - Riverside or Dublin - because they are both associated with my doctor. We planned to go to Riverside because it's a little closer and we were impressed with the place when Susie delivered there. However, Dublin opened just a year ago and people kept getting a glazed over look in their eye when describing it. One friend said, "Go to the glory." So, we decided to check it out.

We had a tour scheduled for Tuesday, but a blizzard started and the telephone receptionist said we could come on Saturday, so we decided not to then. I called back to reschedule and was informed that the tour was full and I couldn't go. The only obvious solution was to crash the tour, which I did.

The place is really small, it's bright, quiet, and comfortable. They have sleeper sofas in every room, and your primary care in maternity is done by a nurse-midwife. The labor & delivery rooms are a little bigger and nicer than the average patient room shown in the virtual tour video. Gone are the days of shared, cramped rooms!

2 comments:

Segal Party of 4 said...

Oh the glories of civilian healthcare. ENJOY! :)

Jodi said...

I knew you would appreciate it. That's why I posted the link to the virtual tour. It's actually nicer than the pics make it look. People keep referring to it as resort-like, but I think that's going a bit far.